The president has overall responsibility for everything that happens in the club. As president you are expected to turn up to as many sessions as possible, which is especially important in the first term, when trying to bring in new members of the club. You need to make sure you know what is happening and what each member of the exec is doing, so you can make sure that everything is organised in well in advance.
- Organising and running exec meetings and distributing jobs.
- Monitoring and responding to unionand other
- Sendingemails to members to keep everyone in the loop about what is going on in the club.
- Booking sessions,making sure you fill out the facilities hire form, and cancelling any sessions that need to be cancelled.
- Liasing with Warwick Sport and Warwick SU
- Developing interest in the club and promoting club loyalty.
- Getting feedback from members on ways to improve the club!
- Organising the Warwick Trampoline Competition
- Leading the organisation of Tour
- Applying for Sportmark
- Picking up any other job that gets forgotten!
Being president is a lot of fun but it does takes a big time commitment! Every member of the club should know you and be able to approach you, as you are the face of the club. It is your responsibility to ensure that the club carries on being successful. There are loads to do from start to finish throughout the year, from attending union meetings, organising Warwick Comp, and generally representing the club.